Chemistry Technician - Temporary
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
Responsible for executing assigned experiments and tasks to support the development of Intuity Medical new blood glucose monitoring system. Under the direction of senior staff, the chemistry technician works independently and within cross-functional teams to carry out project tasks related to reagent formulation, method development and validation, feasibility study, material evaluation, selection and validation, stability study as well as performance testing of built cartridges and meters.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- Execute assigned experiments and tasks
- Summarize results and observations
- Prepare samples, buffers and reagents
- Maintain up-to-date notebook recording and training records
- Assist in the development and validation of test methods for raw material, in-process and finished good testing.
- Assist in the characterization and validation of materials.
- Assist in the development and validation of new processes.
- May perform calibration, maintenance, and service of lab and other instrumentation
- Wet-lab chemistry and general laboratory skills
- Data analysis and graphing
- Ability to handle human and biological samples including blood
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work with small parts
- Microscope operation
- Detail oriented with good observational skills and manual dexterity
- Flexible and adaptable with rapidly changing task priorities
- Ability to work independently and to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organization and record keeping skills
- Computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel
- Interpersonal and team skills
- Colorimetric assay
- Reagent formulation
- Enzyme assay
- Statistical analysis
- Summarize experiment results and observations
- Associate or higher degree in chemistry, biochemistry, life science or related discipline
Minimum of 1 year relevant laboratory experience