Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
Responsible for executing experiments and tasks to support the development of Intuity Medical new blood glucose monitoring system. Under the direction of senior staff, the Scientist works independently and within cross-functional teams to carry out project tasks related to reagent formulation, process development, and validation, feasibility study, material evaluation, selection and validation, stability study as well as performance testing of built cartridges and meters.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- Execute assigned experiments for various studies and projects
- Analyze data and write up reports summarizing findings
- Present experimental results a team meetings
- Prepare samples, buffers, and reagents
- Maintain up-to-date notebook recording and training records
- Assist in the development and validation of test methods for raw material, in-process and finished good testing.
- Assist in the characterization and validation of materials.
- Assist in the development and validation of new processes.
- May perform calibration, maintenance, and service of lab and other instrumentation
- Wet-lab chemistry and biological laboratory skills
- Data analysis and graphing
- Ability to handle human and biological samples including blood
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work with small parts
- Detail oriented with good observational skills and manual dexterity
- Flexible and adaptable with rapidly changing task priorities
- Ability to work independently and to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organization and record keeping skills
- Computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel
- Interpersonal and team skills
- Colorimetric assay
- Reagent formulation
- Enzyme assay
- Statistical analysis
- Summarize experiment results and observations
- Bachelor or higher degree in chemistry, biochemistry, life science or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years relevant laboratory experience
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor or the management of the company.
Supervision: Lab Supervisor