The position requires a person who has the desire to grow in an exciting small company environment which is in the process of expanding rapidly. Intuity is at the early stages of product launch, and the individual in this role will help to develop and implement the systems that will support the company through launch and into high volume distribution. This person, as a member of a small team, will be responsible for all aspects of supply chain management from day to day operations to strategic planning. This is an ideal position for someone who likes to work in all functions of supply chain and should have the potential and drive to elevate to a supervisor or a manager’s position.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the definition and implementation/migration of an ERP system and maximize effective use of the ERP system and other company technology platforms to increase material management efficiency.
- Planning: Work with Sales, Marketing and Operations to develop and maintain a forecast. Plan inventory levels, maintain safety stocks, order points, and min/max by SKU. Work with engineering and production to issue engineering or manufacturing work orders. Assist with master production planning process.
- Purchasing: Determine daily purchasing actions, place orders based on inventory requirement, lead times, availability and react to forecast / inventory fluctuations. Mitigate shortages or inventory discrepancies and maintain the supply flow.
- Inventory Management: Utilizing ERP on a daily basis, maintain an accurate inventory by supporting cycle counting and inventory management methodologies. Process proper inventory transactions and back flushing, work with finance and marketing to prepare and forecast tracking and reporting tools, report inventory levels, excess and obsolete reports and KPI’s to senior management.
- Logistics: Develop improved methods for logistics compliance and new product introduction working with Operations, Engineering, and Product Management.
- Supplier Management: Lead efforts to improve supplier on-time delivery and score card to reliably deliver product with lower costs, shorter lead-times and improved quality. Qualify suppliers, colaborate with cross functional teams in cost reduction programs.
- Material Handling and Flow: Optimize the transfer of material within the warehouse. Plan warehouse layout, optimize pallet storage and material movement through quality, manufacturing, receiving, shipping and assist in warehouse activities such as kitting, cycle counting and inventory investigations and resolution.
- Assist in the selection, implmentation and management of a 3PL partner
- Ship goods domestically and internationally (import/export)
- Excellent math skills, strong organizational skills and very detail oriented.
- Proficient in spread sheet analysis using Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- Previous work experience in medical device or GMP environment is desirable
- Able to read purchasing contracts, engineering drawings, and write procedures
- Desired to be forklift certified and able to use standup fork lifts
- Lean manufacturing, 6 sigma training is desirable
- Minimally an Associates degree. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- APICS certificate is desirable
- 5 years purchasing, planning, kitting, warehousing and shipping experience is required
- Experience with ERP systems preferably, QAD
- Excellent communication skills - experience communicating and negotiating with suppliers
- Familiar with accounting and finance practices
- Experience with shipping goods domestically and internationally (import/export)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds to a 36 inch height